Sunday, May 24, 2020

Pictures From Isolation (Part 3)

Some people have been keeping track of how long they've been isolated at home. I lost track after the first week. Does time even exist anymore?

I suppose it does, because I've been taking pictures every day. I'm hanging in there, and very glad that school is out after this coming week. I need a mental vacation.



I found this in my Facebook memories, and
gah...the memories. I miss her so damned
much. I was so lucky to have her.

Because I never get tired of taking pictures of these cuties.

My mandevilla is absolutely gorgeous right now. So many
blooms coming, one after the other.

My local Fleet Feet has it all set up for contact-less ordering
and pick-up. I ordered online, got a text that the shoes were
in stock, paid by phone, and called again as I was pulling up
outside. One of the ladies working, ran out, tossed them in my
trunk for me, and called, "Thank you SO much for your
business!" I called back, "I'm so glad you're open!!" 

I planted these wildflower seeds a couple months ago, and
they are flowering all over now. 

I was chatting on the phone with Dad, sitting my chair on the
balcony, when I realized I had a hibiscus bud. The plant has
been looking a bit wan, and I was worried it was dying.

Striped petunias. 

My parade roses starting to open up. 

Popcorn has taken to sleeping on top of the throw pillows on
the sofa when my lap gets too warm, or I'm sprawled in a way
that he can't curl up on me. 

He makes a good pillow. 

I wore a dress and put on mascara a few days ago. I was asked
to sing a song (on video) for our 5th and 8th grade promotion
ceremony (which will be broadcast on screen at a drive-in
movie theater). I sang "Try Everything" by Shakira. 

I have wanted a Dyson for YEARS. They are awesome vacuums,
and they are spendy, so I never splurged, until this week. I saw
an ad for a Memorial Day sale, and had heard recently that
the company has done right by it's employees in this pandemic.
So I bought myself a Dyson and friends...it's love.

Finally finished off the Marvel movies, with Avengers:
Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. Both really good (and
sad). Popcorn? Not interested. 

Perhaps a hint that it's time to eat? Or maybe that they want
grilled mouse and catnip salad for dinner? 

The middle school electives team was tasked with creating
an image that sums up our school year. Note the grimace. The
year was perfectly fine, of course, until all of this happened.
And yeah, Jambarific Chipootles. If you have to ask, you'll
never know.

My happy, snoozy, adorable, tubba-chubba-love, Archie. 

Popcorn attended my Zoom Book Club with me this week.

It had to be done. I went to Lowe's for more flowers. I had to
get my hands in some soil. 

Dad gave me the welcome froggy, "to welcome your phrog
phriends back." I adore it.

Yes, I'm aware foxglove are poisonous. The dudes don't go on
the balcony because one of them, anyway (cough, cough,
Popcorn), likes to chew on plants. 

I did some major Garden Therapy yesterday. Planted four
new plants, rearranged everything so it all fits, swept up the
mess on the floor, and did a bunch of pruning and dead-heading.





On Saturday evening, Sarah, Julia, and I played an online
Cards Against Humanity while on Zoom together. Hilarious.



No comments: