Wednesday, July 03, 2013

It's Hot

I am melting.

This week, we've had the nastiest, crappiest, ickiest heat wave in a long time. Highs of 106, 108, etc for several days running. Lows at night in the 80s, which means do not turn off that A/C. I've been getting up on my running days at 5:30--on summer vacation!!--so I can run before the temps hit 90. Yes. It's nasty.

Thank the universe for air conditioning, though. I mean, really. With that, the ceiling fans, and all the shades drawn, we're managing to keep our house comfortable. When I teach my piano lessons, my little room gets really stuffy, and I've been leaving with large patches of sweat on my clothes (which, this week, have been mostly skirt/tank top combos or sundresses).

In other news, I got a huge packet of paperwork from my new school district today. Yay! It's tedious, all the finger-printing, TB-testing, form-filling, but it's so worth it. Next week I'm going to visit the school to meet people, get keys (hopefully) and see my choir room. I'm getting very excited!

For today, though, I think I'll just sit here and sweat.

No comments: