Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Flirt Fail

I follow a cute Twitter account called @AFlirtYourself, and I get a kick out of the cute flirt tips and the quotes the moderator posts. My friend Shae follows them, too, so sometimes in our conversations on Facebook over over text, we might say, "Good flirt!" (based on @AFlirtYourself's #goodflirt hash tag).

As I've come into my own over the last year or so, I've noticed--really noticed--that I get a lot more flirting directed my way now that I'm feeling more confident and letting it show. Sometimes it still takes me by surprise when I realize someone is flirting with me, and sometimes, like today, it just makes me roll my eyes.

Dude at the gym: Walking by me while I'm resting between sets of squats (squats, I might add, that I'm doing while holding 35 pounds), snapping your fingers, and saying, "Let's go, let's go!" is not a #goodflirt. It's #annoying. Following up by parking right in front of me and grunting through a weight lifting exercise is called #showingoff.

Color me #unimpressed.

Okay, okay, I'll stop with the hash tags now.

No comments: