Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fall

Dear Mother Nature,

I am now officially ready for fall. You know, Autumn. That time of year where the daily high is not ninety degrees (or more) but a nice seventy with a touch of cool breeze making a cardigan necessary. I'd like to put in my order, right now, for pumpkin soup and apple cider. Right now, you're just teasing us--the trees along the road in and out of my neighborhood are turning just the tiniest bit, and my morning runs aren't quite so nasty as they were a few weeks ago, when it was sweltering at eight o'clock.

But it's not quite fall yet, and you've got some magic to do. My scarves are hung in the closet with care, just waiting for a cold evening. My tank tops are experiencing some serious fatigue, and they'd love to hibernate for the winter and give my sweaters and coats a chance to shine.

While you're at it, some rainy days would be lovely, and cool nights where I crack my window open before snuggling deep under the quilt on my bed to warm up. I don't even mind running in the rain, and promise not to gripe about it when the pouring rain sends me to the gym. I'll just work on my swimming instead.

I can't be the only one who is ready. Think about all of the worn-out air conditioners and the crazy-high electric bills. Give us all a little break from the dry California summer and turn the world into that gorgeous place it is in Autumn.

Sincerely,

Meg of the LPB

No comments: