Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rock Star

The universe is funny in that it often delivers just what you need...just when you need it. Due to poor planning on my part, I've been in a state of hormone flux the last couple of weeks (that's what happens when you forget to schedule an appointment to get a refill on your birth control pills) and today it seemed to come to a head--just as I finally got myself to Planned Parenthood for the required blood pressure check (120/70, which is HEALTHY, after months of being a bit elevated. YAY!!).

The nurse at PP advised me to start the pills today to avoid anymore crazy hormone-induced feelings of wanting to cry at nothing, so I took one immediately on arriving home. But still, I couldn't escape that feeling of, "Gah, everything SUCKS today" that sometimes happens.

Imagine my delight when I stepped out to get the mail and found a FedEx package addressed to me on the doorstep. I knew it was most likely a belated birthday gift from one of my duck ladies. Inside, a pair of black "booty" shorts with ROCK STAR printed across the rear end. I've never been one to wear pants with words on the derriere but I will definitely make an exception for these. Because referring to myself as a "rock star" has been a repeated theme since I've been working with M. the Reasonable, and I'm so close to goal weight. I feel like I've earned the right to strut around the gym with ROCK STAR on the booty I've worked so hard to tone and firm.

And I don't care what anyone thinks of that.

No comments: