Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rail Tales

When I joined Sac Choral Society last August, I was immediately and warmly welcomed by many people, but one person stood out. Brian is welcoming and friendly to everyone, and genuinely cares about other people. He sent me a friend request on Facebook, and often before rehearsal, he'll mention that day's awesome run I had, or congratulate me on my progress at the gym.

A couple of months ago, Brian published a book--a collection of anecdotes he's collected over the last few years of riding Sacramento's Light Rail trains to work each morning. In his attempt to reduce his carbon footprint, he rides the train every day, and he encounters the best and the worst of humanity on a regular basis...and the weirdest.

Yesterday, he had a book signing at a coffee shop in Midtown, so I thought it would be nice to drive down and show some support. Brian was happy to see me, and I am now the proud owner of a signed copy of Rail Tales.


Signing



Brian is also an ace photographer and took all of the pictures that
are featured in the book.

There is a Kindle edition of the book available. Take a look at the preview on Amazon--Brian's stories are funny, touching, and an excellent snapshot of Sacramento. We may not be the biggest city, or as glamorous as many of our California counterparts, but we have a certain charm.

And don't forget to "like" the Facebook page for daily anecdotes!

No comments: