Thursday, May 31, 2012

Loving My Body: Arm & HAMMER

Three years ago, I struggled to do a push-up. Just one.

"Women don't have natural upper body strength."

Excuses, excuses.

I remember doing an exercise, first with B. the Sadist and later with C. the Sweetie, that involved a step from the Step Aerobics classes, and me, in a push-up position, walking my hands from floor to step, back to floor. I remember being unable to do it. Then being able to do a couple. Then being able to power through ten without stopping, or dropping to my knees.

This year, I've gone from being unable to do bear crawls and push-up rows to able.

Sure, my triceps still have some fat, but I'm not even worried about that. These arms are awesome, people. So are my shoulders. There is so much strength in this upper body. I can't do as many push-ups as some people, and maybe most guys can still outclass me in overall upper body strength, but these arms are still pretty damned fierce.

And I love them.

I've gotten quite tanned while running, even though I use SPF 50 every.
Single. Time.

Muscles.

1 comment: