Wednesday, April 18, 2012

That's It. Done.

Online dating simply isn't my thing.

I have tried it, in various forms, at the urging of friends who swear by it as a way of meeting people, over the years. And it is a cesspool.

Seriously.

Attention Assholes: This is NOT how to get me to respond.
I have friends who have met and married wonderful men they've met through online dating, but I simply seem to keep getting accosted by the frogs--you know, the ones that don't turn into princes. I just don't have the patience to deal with messages like this in my inbox first thing in the morning. I would rather take my chances going out and living my life, which is why tonight, I'm taking myself on a date, to listen to an Irish music jam at a little pub in the area.

Chances are I won't meet Mr. Right (or even Mr. Right Now) tonight, but at least I'm not at home wondering why Match is such a pit. And I'll be having some fun in the process.

As for the date from last week...I saw him again yesterday, and he's nice enough. And...he nonchalantly told me about his job as a cop, and how he once shot a guy, and...*sigh* Oy vey. (Picture me, sitting at my desk, head in hands, muttering under my breath that I'm going to become a nun right now.)

Oh, Meg. Focus on getting a bloomin' job.

No comments: