Monday, March 26, 2012

There She Goes Again...

I woke up this morning to news of Keane's North American tour--they are coming to Oakland on June 30!! Excited? Me?

For those who may be newer readers of my blog, here's a little back story:

In 2009, I was looking to go to some gigs and hear more live music. I love concerts. I heard that Keane was coming to town, and I was interested in hearing them. I knew exactly one song--"Somewhere Only We Know," but it was one of my favorite songs in my iTunes library, and the 2nd most-played behind a Maroon 5 song.

Anyway, I walked into that gig expecting a nice evening out and walked out a super-fan. These guys are the real deal--talented, with great songs and stage presence. It was love at first note. Since then, I've collected every possible song, read tons of interviews, and watched a lot of YouTube videos.

In July 2010, I got to meet Tim and Richard after another gig they did in Oakland. Both were lovely, and in the time since that gig, I've interacted with Richard a lot on Twitter.

My first response from Richard. I nearly squeed myself.

Wishing me luck on a job interview.

Yes, he took a sign pic just for me.

Our most recent interaction; Keane was in Texas recently for South
By Southwest.


Now, here's the thing. I'm aware that I am a 30-something woman, but allow me to have one band obsession. I just love these guys--for their music, for their philanthropy, and for how they treat their fans. They don't take their success for granted...and they keep putting out quality music. What's not to love?

Today, I had an appointment with M. the Reasonable, and I was a little chagrined, but I had to ask--could he possibly see me at a different time on Wednesday? The pre-sale is happening and I want to get my tickets. (I'll add here that once again, Summer is accompanying me...yay!!!) I said something about being a dork and M., the sweetie, simply said with a completely straight face, "I don't think it's dorky. I know how important they are to you."

(We talk about music a lot, and I talk about Keane a lot.)

In fact, he's asked me to share some songs with him so he can check them out for himself. Excellent. I always love to educate people on how awesome Keane is!

So bear with me--the next few months will see a building crescendo of excitement and fangirliness from Yours Truly.


Richard Hughes and a very giddy Yours Truly.

Tim Rice-Oxley, who was so gracious to the dork who said, "Oh, my God,
you're so tall!"
Keane's a'coming!!!!

No comments: