Saturday, March 24, 2012

Breakfast At Saul's

I went to Summer's choir concert in Oakland last night, and to avoid the two-hour drive home at 10:00, I stayed the night at her place (she and Ben are so hospitable and welcoming). This morning, after Ben left for work, Summer and I headed out to get some brunch. Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe in Emeryville was packed to the gills, so we ended up at a fantastic Jewish deli that Summer knows of in Berkeley.

Of course, I texted Maayan that I was getting latke, and felt the need to take a picture of the ever-present Cali Swimmy on said latke.

The lady at the table next to us did a double-take. Summer said, "It's a long story." I giggled and mentioned that the duck has four other ducky friends around the world, one who is Jewish. The lady loved it, though she did point out that it was a first for her, seeing someone take a picture of a duck on a latke.

And this, my friends, is what I love about my silly little duck.

Whole wheat toast, spinach-feta omelet, latke, applesauce and sour
cream. I ate about half of that and walked away FULL.

No comments: