Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Going Down!

When I finished my training with G. the Meanie in July 2010, I weighed in at 158 pounds. In two months with M. the Reasonable, I've lost the 15 I gained back in a year-and-a-half and I am now back at my "fighting weight." I have more to lose, of course, but when I weighed in yesterday and the scale said 158.6, believe me, I was feeling good.

Last night I had choir rehearsal, and I always try to dress well for that. Mom thought I looked really cute last night, in my Steve Madden boots (LOVE THEM) and a top that was, when I bought it in October, too tight to wear in public. My skinny jeans are baggy.


Always, always, followed around by my cats...

So here I am, at 158. I've got three appointments left with M., so I'll be buying more. He'll help me get to my next mini-goal of 150 pounds, and even beyond that. I'm within 20 pounds of 140, which is fantastic.

People have been asking me what my goal weight is, and I'm still loosely thinking 130, but honestly, both M. and I agree that a specific number is unnecessary, and that I should really just focus on having a healthy lifestyle and achieving my optimal fitness level. I'm hoping to get to a size 6 (right now I'm a size 10) in the next few months, and I have a feeling that's where my body will be most comfortable. I'm always going to be curvy--I have hips and booty and bust--and I'm fine with this. I also have muscle and strength, and that's improving every day.

Roll on, 2012. I'm off to a great start!

1 comment:

Jen said...

YOU ROCK!!!! Congrats, girl. :)