Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The News From This End

I've had a lot of stuff I've wanted to blog about, but nothing that would really make a nice post on its own...so here's just a few snippets of life in the Meg lane of late.

Rosie Pro Milestone

For some reason, I feel like people might care that my car hit 100,000 miles this weekend. I was driving home from a Saturday morning choir rehearsal, watching the odometer closely. It ticked from 99,999 to 100,000 just as I exited Highway 65 onto the street into my neighborhood.

There was no one around so I was able to pull aside and get pictures. (Why? I don't know. Just 'cause?)




I patted the dashboard and told Ro, "Okay, hon, I need at least 50,000 more miles out of you!" I keep up with the maintenance, so I have high hopes that she'll continue to be a champ.

My First Concert With SCSO

Saturday night marked my first concert with SCSO (the dress craziness was documented in my previous post). It went very well, as did our Sunday concert, and I enjoyed singing Bernstein's "Chichester Psalms" for an audience. It is such an amazing piece of music; Bernstein was truly a genius.

SCSO has a friend who takes pictures at our gigs. I'm presenting a few of them here so you can see what we look like, and how fabulous Sacramento's Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament is (and so you can see Yours Truly in action with the intense focus and awesome vowels). These pics do not belong to me, they are by Ronald Johnson, who deserves some major kudos for getting such great pictures.

There I am! (To the left of the pic, eyebrows perpetually raised.)

The whole choir, as seen from the balcony.

I'm looking to the side in this pic, as Don, our conductor, acknowledges
our instrumentalists.

From this distance, I look funny, but that is how you make the "ah" vowel
when singing classical music!

Part of "Chichester Psalms" features a solo for boy soprano. Ours was
marvelous. Yep, that's me next to him, looking serious.

Random Cat Picture

I've been meaning to post this for ages, but haven't gotten around to it. Every once in a while, Harley stops being a twerp and it can be quite cute.

This is my bed in "nap mode." I made the bed that morning, but later relaxed
to watch some TV. The cats love "nap mode."

Productive

Another reason I haven't been quite so "bloggy" is that I've been busy actually making myself do stuff. Like go to the gym. My workouts fell way out of line over the last few weeks. First I had some back pain--real, honest-to-God, worrisome back pain that kept me being very cautious for a week. Then I had the start of a cold, but fortunately that didn't go anywhere. Then I had my crazy-fun weekend with Summer, etc. So now I'm paying for it all. Yesterday I went to the gym and did time on the StairMaster and the elliptical, as well as some lunges, squats, jump-ups, step-ups, and a new ab exercise in which I do a crunch while also lifting a knee towards my chest.

I am so sore today.

Tomorrow, I'll go back for more. Because I'm badass.

I've also been looking at job prospects, listing a ton of stuff on eBay (this is a good time of year for selling on eBay) and Etsy, promoting both shops on Twitter, and helping around the house. With Mom on her "Traveling Quilters" adventure, it's up to Dad and I to keep ourselves fed, the cat boxes clean, etc.

Anyway, that's my life in a nutshell. I have a lot of things I want to blog about, so hopefully I'll get inspired to do so.

Cheers!

No comments: