Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Where To Begin?

I was sitting here at my desk at 6:58, shaking and crying. I actually said a prayer (and I do not pray). It wasn't particularly reverent, as it included a fervently whispered, "What the fuck is wrong with people in this country?" but nonetheless, I prayed.

At 7:00, my crying turned to heartbroken sobs. I listened to the live stream from Democracy Now, and suddenly, there were cheers and people saying "A stay! A stay!!" My sobbing turned hysterical as I began to believe that maybe, just maybe, there would be true justice in this case.

I called Lindsay, sobbing, "Oh my God, a stay! A stay!" She was sobbing, too, and our conversation was largely incoherent as we both let it out.

I was disappointed when I realized that it wasn't actually a stay, but rather a temporary reprieve so that the Supreme Court of the United States could review the case. But I remain HOPEFUL. I've contacted the Supreme Court and I have stayed glued to Democracy Now, Twitter and Facebook. No one has any idea when a decision will be made, and rumors abound that Troy is actually strapped to the gurney as we wait (which is so horrible and inhumane).

I am reduced to begging the Supreme Court to make a just decision for Troy.

No comments: