Thursday, September 01, 2011

Lake Tahoe

I mentioned days ago a trip up to Lake Tahoe, where I was able to meet yet another Keane friend from New York, Karen. I didn't get around to posting my pictures, so I thought I'd do that now...as always, the lake is gorgeous, and we had perfect weather.

I stopped for gas on the way up Interstate 80 and took a random, boring
sign pic.

When I parked at Karen's hotel, I saw these cuties running about in front
of my car. The one popped his head up from behind the rock just as I took
the picture. : )

Squaw Valley



The Resort At Squaw Valley, where Karen stayed.


Emerald Bay--we pulled off the road here because hello, gorgeous!


Cali Swimmy poses with his new friend, Liberty "Libby" Swimmy, a gift from
Karen.



Karen (in her Hopes and Fears tank top) and I (in a Night Train t-shirt).







We had to get some sign pics in Camp Richardson...





This is a terrible picture of me, but I post it here anyway.

We were driving along and I saw this and said, "OH!! I have to
pull off the road and get a pic!!"

Same with this one!!


This beach was private, so we stuck our cameras through the fence.



Mom did this a few years ago...

Lake Tahoe is famous for being gorgeously clear (and deep blue in the sun).

It's also very, very cold (it's all snow run-off), so Cali didn't go for a paddle.




After a great day out, I drove home with a smile on my face. On an impulse, I left Interstate 80 briefly at the sign for Dutch Flat, out of curiosity to see it and a desire to get some sign pics for my Dutch friend, Amanda.

Taken from the car (I was stopped!) so it's a bit lopsided.

No comments: