Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Break

I'm very excited to blog about my adventures with Maayan last week, but I'm taking a bit of a break tonight...my aunt in Utah (my dad's sister) is ill and we don't think she's going to make it through the night. We all have heavy hearts tonight.

I can't claim that I'm very close to my extended family--with them in Utah and my life centered in California, it's difficult, though in recent years, it's been easier to keep in touch some through email and Facebook. But I still have some good memories of family reunions, and I have some stuff to process with the news that Aunt Carolyn will probably soon be gone.

Anyway, that's it for tonight. Mom and Dad arrived home from their road trip today (and I lugged four cats back from Stockton to Lincoln) so they're tired and I just want to chat with them and enjoy their company.


UPDATE (8:20):

Aunt Carolyn passed away about half an hour ago.

3 comments:

Sa said...

Dear Meg,

All my love and condoleances to you and your family.

alana said...

Hugs!

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Oh, honey, I'm sorry I wasn't here for you. Even when not close, the passing of family tugs at the fabric of our lives. I hope Aunt Carolyn's passing was peace filled and that your family continue to celebrate her life in your memories. Hugs, hon!