Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chorale Brunch

After spending three hours of a very rainy Thursday shopping and several hours yesterday helping to make quiches and coffee cakes, today I helped out at Chorale's annual Spring Brunch.

I spent hours on my feet. I helped get the food into the ovens and out of the ovens. I helped serve it up on plates and hand it out to the servers. I manned the reservation table so Linda could eat. I chatted with fellow singers who were working, or there to eat. I helped clean off tables when it was over. And I was one of the last to leave.

My dogs, they are barking.

But all in all, it was a great day. I am happy to help out and I love the ladies who run the brunch each year. It's for Chorale, so I directly benefit from helping out. And it gets me out of my apartment on a rainy Saturday.

But yes, tonight I am pooped.

Here are some pictures I took.

I donated some of my Etsy cards and a pretty teacup for a raffle basket.

Someone else donated fresh-cut Delta asparagus from their farm.

Coffee cakes

Betty Ann has a flair for decorating her table.

So does Irene.

I wanted to win this, but alas, I did not.

Nor did I win this.

I had offered to provide a centerpiece for a table. Cheap and cheerful!

It is now gracing my kitchen counter.

We had something like 150 people.

1 comment:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Looks like a good time was had by all... I know how exhausting doing fundraisers can be (lots of church ones). Soooooo, I'm guessing you didn't cut out early for G's boot camp, eh? ;-D