Monday, January 03, 2011

Simple Pleasures

I've been a very lazy blogger, indeed! I need to do a bunch of Monday Music and Wordless Wednesday posts, and will get to that as soon as I can. Hopefully tomorrow.

I thought I'd post a couple of pics. I found this adorable mug, tray and coaster (not pictured) set at Home Goods. I love drinking tea (of course) from the mug, and using the tray for apples and cheese, or in the case of these pics, for the gorgeous Stroopwafels my friend Amanda sent me all the way from Holland.

What is a Stroopwafel? It's two waffle-like cookies with caramel in the middle. You can set a cookie on top of your mug and let the steam soften it--marvelous! I enjoyed them very much.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trader Joe's sometimes has bite-size Stroopwaffles; they come in a bag. Not as good as the original large ones that you can warm and soften on your tea cup, but they do in a pinch. :)