Saturday, October 23, 2010

Perspective

I've been on a weight-loss plateau since May, pretty much, hovering in a five-pound range. Gershom has yelled at me a time or two that I could easily lose twenty more pounds if I just really push myself...and I know I can, and I will try.

But I had an epiphany this week.

I love my body.

Honestly.

Sure, I've got a bit of a tummy still, and my thighs are mushy in places but if you look at the following photos (the first from June 2008 and the second from Wednesday), you can see just how far I've come.

It feels great.


4 comments:

Sa said...

You were always ravishing! I'm so glad you are happy with yourself. :)

alana said...

Wow. Good for you.

Britni TheVadgeWig said...

This post is awesome.

Meg said...

I went for a run today for the first time in a couple of weeks (Oy! Bronchitis! Knocked me on my butt) and I feel GREAT.