Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wazzup?

It's been a slow week, as far as blogging goes. I haven't felt particularly inspired to post. The Monday Music and Wordless Wednesday posts were scheduled weeks ago. It's been a funny week--I've been at Mom and Dad's, mostly, waiting on the wire harness to arrive at the Mazda dealership so that I could get Rosie fixed up. I dropped her off tonight and will pick her up sometime tomorrow.

Aside from Tuesday night in Stockton (I have no desire to miss Chorale rehearsals--our new conductor is fabulous and the Mozart is so much fun to sing), I've been here in Lincoln, hanging out.

Today I had a little shopping spree at Kohl's. Mom and Dad bought a bunch of stuff there recently and were given $80 worth of "Kohl's Cash." Their friends gave them another $10 Kohl's Cash to give to me, so I had $90 to spend, and a serious need for fall/winter clothing. Since losing 60 pounds, I've gotten rid of a lot of clothes, so my closet has been set for summer with plenty of tank tops and t-shirts and ONE cardigan.

So today I bought a few sweaters and long-sleeved shirts, a couple of new bras (another ongoing need as the weight comes off and the chest and back tighten up), and one pair of ADORABLE high-heeled Mary Jane shoes.

In OMG EXCITING! news, I managed to find an inexpensive ticket to a concert in San Francisco next month. Two guys from Keane, Tim and Jesse, have a little side project going on right now, called Mt. Desolation. They're touring the US with the oh-so-excellent Mumford and Sons. A friend in Keane obsession, Annie, is flying out from New York to see them--she works for an airline, lucky thing--and she's never really seen San Francisco. So I'm going to show her around and then go to the concert with her. It should be great fun and I'm looking forward to showing off that lovely city, meeting a new friend, and seeing a great show. A trifecta of awesomeness!

In other great news, we suddenly find ourselves in Fall. God, I love Fall. I love the chilly evenings, sleeping with my window cracked open and the covers pulled up to my chin.

Now, if I could get my butt back to running longer distances (I have a hard time sticking to program at Mom and Dad's house because there are so many hills here--running uphill sucks), I'd be set.

Mom and Dad are going on a three-week trip to Asia (big ole cruise from China to Japan to Korea to Vietnam to...) next week, so I'll be babysitting Bella and Duchess. Four cats, 750 square feet. Crazy Cat Lady. Yes, there will be pictures, and you can count on the girls to write whiny blog posts to Mom from time to time. They're not seasoned travellers like Millie and Harley, but they're sweet and they do pretty well at my place.

And that's it. I've been watching back episodes of Grey's Anatomy in anticipation of tonight's season premiere, and making cards this week. I find I actually enjoy the quiet.

3 comments:

Sa said...

I'm jealous of your parents!

Meg said...

I am, too, Sarah!

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Only 13.5 years to retirement and I can join them!! ;-)