Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Falling For Fall

I've decided that this year, I'm going to enjoy all of the fall and winter holidays. With this in mind, I lovingly packed my London Shrine into a box, where it will stay until the new year. Then I got busy putting out my fall and Halloween stuff.

Between the 98-cent store, Target and Michael's, I've bought a few teensy, key pieces to add to Halloween stuff I already had (endless Snoopy stuff). Here's the result:

The witch hat is from the 98-cent store. The little witch with strings hanging down (far right) is from Michael's.
I got some inexpensive frames at Target--I'll switch out pics based on the holiday. This is from a Chico Halloween in 1999.
Michael's (everything was on big-time sale).
The glass dish and the eyeballs are from the 98-cent store. I won't eat the eyes (they're chocolate) because they're a nasty chocolate, and they're from the 98-cent store, which means they could be dodgy. But they look great with the potions bottles (from Michael's).
Some pics from my childhood. : )
The black roses were a buck each at Target. The little figurines I've had for ages.
I've had the "Boo!" for a while now. The little clip-on owl is from Michael's. The pic is of me in 1997 (at Chico, of course--all my Slut-o-ween costumess were at Chico).

The inevitible Snoopy stuff.
This is a little round table on the other side of the TV from the baker's rack that everything else is on. Mom and I made the little Snoopy "placemat." I found the haybales at my local grocery store last year.

I have a few more things to put out as I find the time and inspiration. After Halloween, the month of November will be devoted to just fall stuff. The day after Thanksgiving, game over. It's all about Christmas, then. : )  Once again, Santa and Charles Schulz will vomit all over my apartment.

1 comment:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

You are indeed, ready, you little devil (great pic!). I love the fall and I love halloween... my parents were waaaaayyy ahead of the curve and did it up before lots of stuff was available... all homemade (a witches wig out of reel to reel tape... dad made spider webs with thread and glue... like that!).

I loved your description of Christmas. There are worse ways to decorate than a Santa/Charlie regurgitation, you know! ;-)