Thursday, August 26, 2010

Itsy Bitsy Spider

There was nothing "itsy bitsy" about it!! That thing was bloomin' HUGE!

This morning, I got up as I have many other mornings and wandered, first thing, into the bathroom, as I always do. I was sleepily brushing my hair out of my eyes when I looked up and... EEEEEKKK!!!!

I kid you not, that spider was enormous, and black, and blood-thirsty...and climbing up the wall of my otherwise-clean shower.

I sprayed some hairspray on the sucker to stun it, then debated how to go in for the final kill. In the end, I decided to grab the lid to a cardboard file box in my 2nd bedroom and knock it off the wall of the shower onto the lid. The lid was big enough that the spider need not get anywhere my hand.

I flicked the box lid towards the toilet, and as planned, the spider fell into the water.


I immediately flushed the toilet, and watched as the spider went down, down, down. A few minutes later, I needed to use the loo, and you can bet that I checked the inside of that toilet--even lifting the seat up and checking underneath--just in case that beast could swim. Thankfully, it was all clear.

No comments: