Saturday, May 22, 2010

Back To the City: Part 2

From Pier 39, Summer and I walked over to Cost Plus and Barnes and Noble. I stocked up on some summer reading, as school will be out this week. I bought Chasing Perfect, A Wrinkle in Time, A Great and Terrible Beauty, and Bunnicula. Yes, I'm catching up on my young adult and children's books!

After the bookstore, we decided to hoof it back to the Powell St. Station to catch BART back to Oakland. It's quite a hike, with one big hill involved, but it wasn't too bad. I got some wonderful building and sign pictures along the way.

I just LOVE cheesy old signs!

When I saw this, I shouted to Summer, "I've found my new career path!!!"

This is a middle school. I've never seen such a nice-looking, gum- and Sharpie-free school.

AWESOME.

Taken through a chain-link fence.
Not sure what to make of this one..."Doo wash your clothes?" or "Wash the doo out of your clothes?" It's a mystery.

My inner 12-year-old giggled at this one.

Coit Tower through the trees.

Just one of MANY hills in San Francisco.

I am immensely proud of this picture. I laughed and said, "Fella Street!" Then I noticed the fella just hanging out, stopped in my tracks, and got the pic.

From getting off at the Embarcadero station to our return to Powell Street Station, we walked well over three-and-a-half miles, with one pretty substantial hill (we don't need to stinkin' trolleys!). Summer had a blister. My knees and shins were letting me know that they don't appreciate going downhill. Uphill wasn't a problem--I was barely winded. I climb mountains, you know.

After meeting up with Rosie Pro in Oakland, I drove Summer home, and then got on my way back to Stockton.

Incidentally, here's the super-cute new skirt I wore today:


I bought it with a black tank top, and intend to wear it this summer, sans tights. I found that it made a great Day in the City outfit, except that I had to be careful in the wind. I had a few Marilyn moments.

It was great, as always, to catch up with Summer, and to visit San Francisco. I love that city.