Friday, April 23, 2010

My Week in Pictures

Another installment. A little light this week, as I had to share the size 18 jeans pics right away. No way was I waiting another day!

Sunday

Sunday was a gloriously lazy day of sitting on the sofa with my furbabies. If you've seen earlier blogs from thsi week, you know that I've got Bella and Duchess visiting this week while Mom and Dad are out of town. They're lovely houseguests. Here I am, propped up on some pillows on my couch, with Millie in the Sweet Spot behind me.


Monday

I wore my new khaki capris and my new leopard-print tank top to work on Monday, with a cardigan I've had for about a month now. It's a size large. It's almost too large.


P.S. My boobs look great these days. Just sayin'.

Tuesday

Tuesday was rainy, but in the evening, there was a teensy bit of clearing up. I got a picture of the sun hitting the trees outside my apartment, then turned around and saw my sweeties watching me.

Cuties who steal the cilantro from my kitchen counter when my back is turned.


Wednesday

On Wednesday, I hit my head at work. I had bent over to retrieve my water bottle from my bag. I was in the music room where I teach kinder music in the afternoons. I cracked my forehead against my colleague's printer, and I swear I had little birds flying in circles around me for a minute there. Then I realized that I was bleeding! Not a lot, but still, the ladies in the office freaked out a little.

"Do you need the HOSPITAL?!"

"No, I'm fine. Just an ice pack, please."

Fortunately, no bruising, and only the tiniest of bumps. It probably looks more like a zit than a bump on the head. You can kinda-almost see it in this picture. It's sort of white, surrounded by red, above my left (your right) eyebrow.


Thursday

On Thursday, I let my kids make friendship bracelets from some of the gazillions of yards of yarn I have. I spent my prep period cutting yarn into 2-foot strips.

I get bored at work sometimes...what, you don't?

Thursday night, of course, I took out the size 18 jeans. For comparison, I put my size 10 jeans over them on the bed.



And that's about it for this week. Nothing from today.


2 comments:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Owwie! Glad the head bump was nothin' big! And glad to hear the houseguests, Bella and Duchess, are doing fine. I'm looking forward to Kayla and Zimmer (Aggie and Percy) coming for an extended stay in June.

Another good "record" pic on the jeans, although I must say, the one of you in them speaks a bit louder! ;-)

And, after last night's whine, the morning weigh in showed a 4.2lb drop (yes, you read that right). Yikes! It was definitely water weight 'cause my ankles look like they belong to a human being again! Yay! Maybe this is why "they" say to weigh once a week (I'm incapable when I'm on a roll... curiosity makes me look every morning).

OK, coach, I'll extend my exercise sessions right now. When the construction is over, I'll take your advice and see about a trainer for the summer (discretionary funds are slim right now between the construction and having to get a new computer). I think the accountability thing may do me good. (Hey, that's why I'm telling you how it's going, right??) :-)

alana said...

yay for boobs! :)