Thursday, April 29, 2010

More Bits and Pieces

Heh. Must be a "bits and pieces" kind of week.

1. I GOT A SOLO!!

In my bits and pieces blog a few days ago, I mentioned Chorale. I started typing that I had tried out for a solo on Monday night, but didn't want to jinx things, and hit delete. Well, I found out today that I got the solo I tried out for in Robert Ray's "Gospel Mass."

Yes, little 5'2" pagan Megan (hee hee, it rhymes!) is going to belt out a "PRAISE THE LAWD!" type gospel solo. The words are (italics denote what the choir is singing under me in call-and-response):

We come to praise your name today
We want to serve you in every way
Let the loud hosanas ring
Shouting the praises of God our King...
...In the name. Name of the father.
In the name of the son. Name of the son.
In the name of the Holy Ghost, Name of the Holy Ghost. The Blessed Three in One.
The Blessed Three in One (followed by some ad-libbed ahhs and ooohs)
AMEN!

When I tried out on Monday, I was shaking in my shoes, but I figured it was best to just let go and belt that sucker out. Let my inner diva shine and all that.

Now comes two weeks of obsessing and practicing and avoiding milk, alcohol and other stuff that may dry out the vocal chords.

2. The Check's in the Mail

Sigh. I just wrote a check for the privelege of driving Rosie Pro on the California roads. $132. Then I wrote another check, this one for $995, for the privelege of having a roof (and a herd of buffalo who like to throw things at each other at all hours) over my head.

They call it "adulthood." It has its perks. Independence, career, freedom. But oh, watching that paycheck disappear before it even hits my bank account (tomorrow is Pay Day) is painful.

3. Week in Pictures...Week Off

I think I've taken exactly three pictures this week, or something like that. So, no Week in Pictures tomorrow. Such is life. I haven't had anything really interesting to photograph. Well, except for a picture of myself, wearing a size MEDIUM t-shirt that my friend Meegan bought for me at Coachella. It was very sweet of her. We were childhood friends who fell out of touch years ago. I'm talking before high school. We found each other on Facebook a few (or more) months ago, and it was very nice of her to think about me when she saw Muse.

Here's the pic:


Don't you just love the leggings? And my sweaty post-gym hair?

4. Speaking of pics.

Here's another recent pic of me wearing a skirt. My legs are still glow-in-the-dark from a long, rainy winter, but I don't care. I'm all over the skirts and shorts this summer!

P.S. I'm loving my hourglass. I have a natural hourglass figure and the more weight I lose, the more defined it becomes.
I need to buy one of those Marilyn-style swimsuits before summer's out.

5. Pet Society

It's no secret that I'm addicted to Facebook and Blogger. On Facebook, I'm addicted to Pet Society, and I've created a monster--my mom.

Mom and I have been sending coins, gifts, and everything else back and forth, and we have actual phone conversations that entail comments like, "Mom, I love what you did with Fancy's living room!" or "Meg, Harley's little Prom King crown is adorable!"

Yes, I named my pet after my real life cat. I even designed him to be a little orange cat.

I've even taken pictures of Harley, his house, and Fancy (who is loosely modelled on Mom's Duchess) and her house. From left to right: Harley in his Prom King outfit, relaxing in his kitchen; Harley (the Mad Hatter) visiting Fancy in her living room; Harley rocking out on another friend's guitar; Harley in his Beefeater getup.


My friends laugh at Mom and I, but I call it mother-daughter bonding.

Those are my bits and pieces for tonight. I have to pack now, as I'm going to Mom and Dad's for the weekend...right after running three miles with G. the Meanie tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: