Thursday, February 04, 2010

Slow News Week

I have a cold, I've been running every day, and tomorrow, G. is going to make me run for most of our appointment. In other words, he's going to kick my ass.

He's been mumbling stuff about making me have a faster mile--dude, I did a mile in 13:40 the other day, a first in 31 years of living on this planet, and a hell of an accomplishment! Today he asked me how long it takes for me to do my daily two-and-a-half miles. "About forty-five minutes?"

"No, actually, I've been doing it in under forty minutes."

I was quite pleased, of course, to inform him later, "Thirty-seven-thirty."

"Two-and-a-half miles in thirty-seven minutes?"

"Yup."

"Hmmm...better than I expected."

Which means he's probably going to push me even harder than originally planned tomorrow. It's okay, I can take it.

No comments: