Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Forty Pounds

I'm there, people. Forty pounds lost since February of last year--half of them lost since December, when I started working with G. the Meanie.

I may piss and moan and whine about him, but the numbers don't lie: I'm seeing results working with him, and I'm a happy camper about that.

Yesterday, I was really worried--last week I was only down 1.1 pounds, and both G. and I were disappointed. This week is a water-retention kind of week, and on Sunday, I was feeling so bloated I wanted to cry. Yeah, tears are another symptom of this week.

But I've been working out (even with all my recent drama) and eating very well (no Kraft Mac and Cheese for this girl anymore!) and I hoped that it would pay off. I've avoided high sodium the last few days, and I took a dose of Midol before yesterday's workout to help with bloating and water retention.

I was down 3 pounds, to a total of 182.7. Go me!

But even better, I broke some personal records yesterday. I had to run/walk 2.5 miles of intervals today. I did my first mile in 13:10--a new best time. I then walked for half a mile and geared up for the last mile. I lost track of my time on that one, but I might have done it in under 13 minutes! This is amazing for me.

Plus, all through my workout, I felt strong and capable. My squats are looking so amazing these days--I can really get my bottom down to my heels and then lift myself back up without throwing my arms out for leverage, leaning forward, or lifting my heels off the ground. I wouldn't call my workouts easy--never easy!--but I'm just seeing so many changes in my abilities (not to mention my waistline), that my attitude towards working out is changing.

Yeah, I still joked with G. that he'd better move while I'm throwing a 10-pound weight over my head, lest I hit him with it to get revenge for all the pain, tears, the war wound, and that vomiting incident of a couple weeks ago. He laughed, but he also got out of my way.

Forty pounds. I'm just sitting here shaking my head. I can see and feel the differences in my body. I have size 12 jeans waiting in my closet. Yet sometimes, it's hard to believe I'm actually doing this, actually succeeding at this.

1 comment:

Britni TheVadgeWig said...

Congrats, lady! You should buy yourself a present! Hell, if I had any money, I'd buy you one myself!