Monday, February 01, 2010

Fat HOT Girl

Even though I've been doing everything I'm supposed to (with the exception of those M&Ms on Friday--a true moment of weakness after a very stressful week which included a traumatic and embarassing fall and war wound), I was worried today, when I stepped on the scale. I needn't have felt any stress.

Last week I weighed 194.0. Today, I was 190.0.

I immediately started a rather loud and butt-wiggly victory dance right there on the scale (which is in a rather busy part of the gym). My arms were doing the ole V-for-Victory manuever. I turned around to see G. smiling broadly and looking very pleased.

As we returned to his desk to sign off on today's workout, I wiggled and cheered my way past He of the Cute Bootie, who, it turns out, is the club's new manager. He smiled as I danced by, and G. said, "Four pounds in seven days!" Bootie Cutie just grinned and gave me a congratulatory fist-bump.

G. started talking about when I hit the 170s, and I just shook my head. I told him, "It seems like it's so far away, but...it's not. I can actually do this." It's like it's taken this whole year to realize that I really can do this. Amazing.

Needless to say, I'm very well pleased with myself. Oh, and the current tally of weight lost since February 20th, 2009, when this whole adventure started? Thirty-two pounds. Thirty-two pounds of Megan, gone. I've lost all that weight, but I've gained so much more: confidence, posture, strength (physical and emotional). My blood pressure is healthier. My depression and anxiety are more managable. I'm no longer shopping at Lane Bryant (except for bras, and soon I won't even be buying those at LB anymore).

Seriously, people. It is so doable. If I can do this, you can. Anyone can.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Go Meg, Go Meg!

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Alright Meg!! Congrats and then some! You have inspired me. I'd been toying with 2/14 being the kick off of "love yourself year." And now I read that you actually DID it!!

Lead the way, ma'am!!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you, Megan! And jealous of your success.But mostly proud!