Monday, January 18, 2010

What's Up?

Aside from a couple of scheduled posts, I haven't had many blog updates this weekend. I've been getting over the cold that set in after my immune system got compromised this week by all that running.

I haven't given up yet. I have continued to walk/run every day, even when feeling lousy. Saturday and Sunday were the worst days as far as the cold goes--yesterday I could not stop sneezing--but I still managed to do my full round of cardio. Saturday's assignment was FOUR MILES, minimum speed 3.7-3.8, on the treadmill. It was difficult, but I made it. I'm proud of that.

Having today off has been marvelous. I did a few minor chores (couple loads of laundry, scooping the litter boxes, emptying the dishwasher), but have otherwise been quite lazy. I put "Anne of Green Gables" in the DVD player and sat around in my toasty pajamas, listening to the rain come down. And rain it did! The sun is out for now, but we're supposed to get a good dumping of rain the rest of this week. Bring it on!

In fifteen minutes, I'm off to the gym (again) to run (again) and meet with G. the Trainer (again). Then it's a quick dash for dinner and off to Chorale rehearsal. I missed last week because of my greusome introduction to running, so I can't miss tonight. Depending on how my voice is faring, I might leave at the break.

And that's it. Nothing too exciting this weekend, but plenty of time to rest and recover from the Nasties.

No comments: