Saturday, October 31, 2009

I'll Put A Spell On You


I am not at some wild and crazy Halloween celebration tonight, nor accompanying any little trick-or-treaters out and about. I decided this year, after doing the Harry Potter thing at school yesterday, to be a curmudgeon by staying at Mom and Dad's house. They live in a retirement community, which means no trick-or-treaters, no temptation to gorge on candy--just the three of us, catching up on Grey's Anatomy and having steak for dinner.

It's a good thing I decided on this course--because I have a cold. Yuck! It's the stuffed-nose, icky-throat, sneezy variety, and to add insult to injury, I have a cold sore on my lower lip, just where it meets my top lip when I close my mouth.

Fortunately, the wonders of science have given us Anbesol (for the sore), NyQuil (so I can SLEEP and not be wheezing all night), and Ibuprofen (for the pain). I'm quite drugged up, but at least I'm not uncomfortable.

So enjoy your parties and candy and stuff. I'm going to toddle off to bed soon and read the trashy romance I bought today, snuggled up under a quilt, with Millie and Harley cuddling nearby, and a dose of NyQuil working its magic.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight!

No comments: