Sunday, August 23, 2009

Labelling

A couple months ago, I started putting labels on my blog posts. As I've been blogging here at the LPB for five years, I have a ton of back posts that aren't labelled. Slowly but surely, I've started going through them to label them. Last night, I started at the very beginning of my blog--those first posts from England. It's been fun re-reading them. How much I loved Burnham! How much I still miss it.

Anyway, I'm also going through and uploading pictures. Back in those days, I didn't use the picture upload feature on my blog, but rather did the ole "img src= " code, and uploaded my pictures to PictureTrail. Also, this was before I went digital, so some of my pictures will not be on the blog, because I haven't scanned them, and I've long since gotten rid of all those picture CDs. (Hey, I've moved at least 4 times since coming back from England!)

Of course, this got expensive, paying for a PictureTrail account large enough to hold my many pictures. As I deleted some to make room for others, my blog would get those dreaded red X's.

So I'm going through and uploading pictures properly, for posterity. Not that I really expect people to read my blog posts from five years ago. But if you are interested, they're kind of fun. I was younger, more naive, and so excited to be back in my beloved England. And some of the pictures are pretty cool...especially if you find the thought of me groping a picture of Kevin Spacey's chest hair funny.

Why am I doing this? I don't know. Something to do on a lazy Sunday. Bringing attention to the older posts in my blog, perhaps. Nostalgia. It's kind of fun, actually.

2 comments:

alana said...

I am excited to see the pics! When I first started blogging I just used photobucket and I want to go through and replace them using blogger, but I’m just too lazy. lol

Meg said...

It's quite a job! I've gone through and done some more, but some posts I've had to change around because I don't have the pics scanned--and that is way too much work for me!!