Monday, August 24, 2009

Headlines

There's not a whole lot going on in my life that is out-of-the-ordinary, so I figured I'd share some headlines I've found, and my thoughts on them.

Is Oasis Overrated?

I might just be one of the only huge fans of British pop/rock music to say this: I really can't find much about Oasis to like. Even "Wonderwall." I might get flamed for saying it, but I'm not a big fan of their music, and I'm even less a fan of the Gallagher brothers, period. What a couple of spoiled, misogynistic twats they are.

The Guardian asked today, "Oasis: Is it really over?" Seems that rumors are flying that the Gallagher brothers, Liam (who "likes to break things") and Noel (whose list of girlfriends/wifes/affairs reads like a Who's Who book) are no longer speaking. They take seperate flights to their gigs (as opposed to, you know, sitting far apart on the same flight) and stay in separate hotels when they get there.

They must be a JOY to be in a band with.

So yep. I'm gonna say it. Overrated. In my humblest of opinions, of course.

Half Moon in Stockton

This one just made me giggle: "Mooning Suspect Charged in Stockton."

Apparently, this woman was at the courthose to support her daughter-in-law, who had defrauded an elderly couple. Said elderly couple were in the elevator with momma-in-law, and she intimidated them by exposing her right buttock.

Prosecutors said claims came to light this month that Patterson allegedly made faces and exposed her right buttocks and thigh as she shared an elevator with the couple at the courthouse last November. She is also accused of telling the couple to kiss her rear end.


To the person who had to write this little news flash: Did you draw the short straw, or something?

Sigh

And so it starts...again.

'Lethal levels' of anesthetic propofol killed Michael Jackson

Pride in Stock-Town

"Local Astronaut to Tweet in Two Languages in Space."

A local man, Jose Hernandez, will be going up in space tonight. He is a graduate of Franklin High School, and a son of immigrants who grew up in the general area where I teach. He is also a graduate of University of the Pacific.

Stockton USD is watching this with a ton of interest.

AWESOME

Sure, people. Make me miss London MORE, why don'tcha.

London cash machines go Cockney. This is all kinds of awesome! I'd so use this feature!

I think it's milk and honey.

(That would be Meg-Cockney for "funny.")


And on that note...good night and good luck.

1 comment:

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

Oasis- definitely overrated and falling apart. However, I am bitter because I went to go and see them at V Festival in Chelmsford, England and they were a no show :( grrrrr oasis