Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why I Need Glasses/Contacts

It's cleaning day at the LPB Homestead (make that teeny weenie apartment). I've got the mop out and everything! I might even get around to dusting the shelves on which my Snoopy collection lives...but then again, I might decide to shower instead.

Anyway, as I haven't showered yet, I haven't put my contacts in, so I've been relying on my battered old glasses. Thing is, they bother me. They slip, they slide, they're always covered in my fingerprints. I was not born to wear glasses.

So I took them off and left them on my desk. I can manage cleaning my apartment without them--it's distances I have problem with, so don't let me drive right now--with minimal squinting and no headache.

Go me, right?

A few minutes ago, I walked into my bedroom and glanced over to the closet door.

"Hi, Doodle!" I cooed at the Little Dude, who was sitting in...the...doorway...of...

Oops.

No, that was not the Doodlebug. I quickly corrected myself.

"I mean, hi, Shoe-dle!"

Yep, I mistook my size 8, white-with-red-trim gym shoe with a large, chubby orange-and-cream feline.

I win at life.

4 comments:

alana said...

That last sentence made me laugh. :)

Dani said...

Oh hai. Are you me? Haha. I thought the fatal deer on Wednesday morning was a TREE. Goddamn, Dani.

Meg said...

Alana--I got that from a Jez. Wish I remembered who, so I could give credit!

Dani--mistaking a deer for a tree (as long as it had antlers of some kind?) is better than mistaking a gym shoe for a cat!

Kristine said...

Time for a checkup?

Sadly, I can't pretend to see that well without my contacts/glasses. They go in before the shower.