Monday, July 27, 2009

And So My Summer Vacation Is Ended...

My first paid day of the new school year is tomorrow, and it should be crazy and interesting. See, I found out today that I have TWO sites this year! My bosses knew a month ago, but when I called Curriculum last week, no one told me I had two schools. It was quite a surprise...and believe me, my initial reaction wasn't quite so Zen as I feel now.

That said, my new site (I'll be at FES every other day and KES on the others) seems pretty nice, and I met the 7th/8th grade team. They seem pretty cool.

So tonight, after a butt-kicking workout with C. (she's making me run a lot more), I found myself with enough energy to vacuum, put laundry away, clear up the kitchen, wash some dishes, refill the cats' bowls and vacuum some more. Then I put on a mud mask, hard boiled some eggs while waiting for the mask to dry, and got everything I'll need tomorrow (school bag, gym bag, purse) together. I refilled my water bottle and put together a snack. I measured out 3/4 cup of cereal for tomorrow's breakfast (I'll also have one of those eggs and half an apple) and tidied my living room.

Then I jumped in the shower, shaved, loofahed, pumiced, scrubbed, and rinsed. I'm lotioned, potioned, moisturized, plucked and pajama'd. I'm eating a bowl of Special K for dessert and finishing off today's ration of water. Give me another 30 minutes or so and I should be tired enough for bedtime.

All this, and I don't even see the kids 'til Wednesday.

No comments: