Saturday, April 25, 2009

Woodland Scottish Games, Part 6: Let the Games Begin!

Finally, the part you've all been waiting for...men (and women) in kilts tossing heavy objects.

First off, I think I have a little bit of a girl-crush on this woman. She's a world champion in some of these events, and she's fierce and awesome. I want her shoulders.







I have no idea what the different events are called. But I rather like this one, using a heavy metal ball with a chain and a handle.









This event involved throwing a large rock.







And, of course, we can't forget caber tossing. My favorite.







I got a video, just barely. These guys never once looked at me but seemed to have a sense that I was there, and just where to move to get in my way.



It was a great day out. I really enjoyed myself and I actually even took an application for the Sacramento Caledonian Club. They have a Tartan Ball every fall--how cool would that be?

No comments: