Saturday, February 07, 2009

She Works Hard for Her Money

That's right, folks. I work hard for my money!

I spent my prep period yesterday making finger puppets. Yes, you read that right: finger puppets.


My 6th period class got together with their kindergarten art buddies yesterday, and much fun was had as we made Washington and Lincoln finger puppets for the little kids to take with them.

It was, of course, a messy undertaking, but everyone had a good time and the kids (mostly) helped clean up. We'll meet again in two weeks to make something else fun and cool.

Earlier in the day, two of my first grade classes came in for music, and one class brought with them a large, pink book made out of paper:


Their teacher had them each write a note to me and draw a picture, then bound them together in a book.

Some examples:




And finally, this one, by the little guy I tutor in reading each day. I have extra prep time because of our crazy schedule, and asked for something to do. My principal suggested tutoring, and I've been working with this little guy ever since. He's a sweet kid, and it's been awesome seeing his progress in reading.



The book brought an ENORMOUS smile to my face.

No comments: