Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Diary of a Fat Girl: Part Three



Unlike the darling little cheeseburger nommer above, I'm doing quite well. : )

Tonight I had scrambled eggs (with cheese and green pepper) for dinner, and some leftover sweet potato fries from Sunday. I'm finding that it's not so hard to measure portions and keep a tally of the calories I'm eating. I had the last of the Dr. Pepper. Starting tomorrow, it's out of my life. Sorry, Doc, Lent and better health are calling to me.

Also, I did my 35 minutes of cardio today, so tomorrow, when I meet the trainer again, I can tell him I've done all my homework.

Last night, Miz Minka told me I've got that work-out glow, and I'm seeing it in myself, too. And, oddly enough, I had more energy for the two-and-a-half hour Chorale rehearsal. Lately, I've barely made it an hour-and-a-half before being too tired to hit my high notes (and in Brahms' Requiem, I'm required to hit a lot of G, A, and even a couple of B-flats). Last night, I felt more energetic and able to sing longer. Awesome!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I too have hit the workout trail & I feel AMAZING! I am seeing results and am Loving it! Keep up the hard work (which isn't actually as hard as you think before you start doing it, huh?!) Anyways, kudos! :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are feeling a difference so quickly! If anything is incentive to keep it up, it's definitely that! Plus, don't you LOVE being the student that did all their homework? The trainer is definitely motivation, too.

I'm glad you are doing so well!

A Chance for Bliss said...

I enjoy your page so much... and I miss my personal trainer. She has an IMPOSSIBLE 7% body fat (unhealthy) but she certainly was motivating. I'll rde a bit on your enthusiasm, thank you. ENDORPHANS!!