Wednesday, January 21, 2009

GAH!!!

I am on the Do Not Call List. On the rare occasion that I get an unsolicited call, I don't answer my phone.

However, for a while now, I've been getting calls pretty much every day from 1-877-740-3336. My Caller ID lists it as "877 Services." Needless to say, I don't answer. The one time I did, they said they were calling on behalf of Wells Fargo (I call bullsheet).

They never leave a message, they call at all times of day and evening, and so, I've taken a new tack: being as rude as possible.

The first time I answered one of these annoying calls, I made use of my soprano pipes by blowing the loudest, highest "yiyiyiyiyiyiyi" I could muster into the phone. The second time I answered a call from 877 Services, I said "F*** you" over and over before hanging up. The third time, I whooped like a car alarm. The fourth time, I chanted "F*** this S***"

It is almost 8:30 in the evening, and they just called for the 2nd time this evening. I decided to speak like a human being. The man asked for me by name. I retorted, "Who is this?"

"This is so-and-so calling on behalf of Wells Fargo--"

"You know, I Googled this number and you are NOT with Wells Fargo."

"We're calling on behalf of Wells Fargo."

"Well, guess what? I get calls from this number every day and I am not interested, so take me off your list, okay? Thanks, goodbye."

Then I hung up.

Well, honestly!

1 comment:

R. Duckie said...

Oh I hate telemarketers more than anything in the world, except mosquitoes.