Monday, January 19, 2009

Donkey Kisses



If you read my blog with any regularity, you know about my occasional visits to A Chance For Bliss, an animal sanctuary in Penryn, CA. (They also have a blog.) Mom visits every other Monday, and I tag along when I'm in town. Today being a holiday, I was happy to visit our friends at ACFB.

But there's bad news! One of my favorite residents, Spike the donkey, was down this morning. He would get up, but his back legs are a bit wobbly and he's not eating. Mom and I went to love him up and he wouldn't eat any carrots or apples. As we left the pasture, he went back down. Deanna was going to check on him, and she is worried that it could be a stomach ailment.

Spike is an older gentleman of 27 years, so he's certainly not a baby, but still, I can't stand the thought of them losing him now. He's the first donkey I've ever gotten to know, and he is the cutest thing.

Anyway, I'm blogging a shout-out to Spike, and sending him donkey kisses this afternoon.

No comments: