Saturday, December 27, 2008

Post-Christmas Drag...

Oy vey! I have a cold.

It started last night. My nose was running excessively, and I just knew. I didn't sleep well, finally getting up at 7:50 this morning. Dad had let Harley out, who came in for some foot-pouncing and cuddling with his mama.

I drank a special Throat Coat Tea this morning, and took a Robutessin capsule. The tea was vile (it had a black licorice taste, which I just can't stand) but it seemed to help. My throat doesn't hurt as much, but I'm still going through Kleenex like they're going out of style.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Mine was relaxed and enjoyable. We opened all of our presents on Christmas Eve, and slept in on Christmas Day. Mom and I cooked a nice dinner on Christmas Day, of roast beef, potatoes, green beans and ambrosia salad.

Yesterday, I took my cell phone to Yakety Yak--they will be able to fix the LCD screen easily, and even had LG screens in stock. If you missed the blog about it the other day, I dropped my cell phone about four feet, from in front of me to the hard, tile floor of Raley's. The phone works as it should, but the screen is messed up. At least it's fixable.

The best news of all is that Mille truly seems to be better. She finished off her icky yellow goopy meds last night, and has maybe one or two more servings of the white, goopy, nasty-smelling stuff. I haven't seen any vomit (excepting one bit a few mornings ago, but I think she just ate too fast), and she is keeping herself very clean. She's been very cuddly, too, and feisty with the little dude.

Speaking of the little dude, Harley has made himself right at home in Grandma and Grandpa's house. He loves Dad, and spends a lot of time cuddling with him. Dad is usually the first person awake in the mornings, so he lets Harley out of my bathroom. The little dude has a tendency to ambush Millie, Bella and Duchess. Millie gives it right back, while Bella and Duchess tend to growl and run away. Harley takes it all in stride. He makes us humans laugh.

It's been a lovely, quiet Christmas. We didn't make a huge deal of it, but just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. That's the best way to do it!

No comments: