Thursday, November 13, 2008

A New Literary Obsession

...with movie rights.



A few weeks ago, out of curiosity, I picked up Twilight (first book in the Twilight series) at the grocery store. I was deeply immersed in re-reading the Harry Potter series, but figured that once it was done, I'd give this new book a try. A friend on Facebook had raved about them, and I'd seen other people I know referring to the series.

I finished Harry Potter late last week and read a couple of quick romances before picking up Twilight on Tuesday night...and then staying up far too late for a lady that had to get up at 6:30 the next morning. I just couldn't put it down!

Like Harry Potter, the books were written for young adults, and like Harry Potter, they've been eagerly embraced by adults as well. That's where the similarities end, however.

I finished the book this morning after reading quite late again, and after school, proceeded immediately to Target. I needed cat litter and contact solution, so the book wasn't my primary reason for going, but I was determined to get it so I could immediately get back to that dishy vampire, Edward Cullen.

The movie opens next weekend. I think I'll make an effort to see it in the theaters. In another small parallel to the Harry Potter series, the movie stars Robert Pattinson, who played the small but important role of Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. If he didn't have the teen girls falling all over him before, he certainly will now.

No comments: