Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's Beginning to Sound A Lot Like Christmas

I went to the Dollar Tree today for a few things, and found myself humming along to Christmas songs. I guess it's no surprise. I know Y92 will soon be playing their endless run of holiday music. They start the day after Thanksgiving, and by the time Christmas rolls around, I'm not listening to them in the car anymore...because they play the same songs over and over and over. There's only so much radio air-time you can get out of Christmas music.

At home, however, it's a different story. I love my "holiday" list on iTunes, and tonight, I'm adding to it. The plan is to burn some CDs to send with the soldier stockings. So far, plans are in the works for A Very Jazzy Christmas, A Very Country Christmas, and A Very Pop/Rock Christmas. Will probably also be making some sort of instrumental CD.

My newest additions to my personal holiday cheer are O Holy Night by Nat King Cole, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings by the Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan, I Wanna Be Santa Claus by Ringo Starr, and Santa Loves to Boogie by Asleep at the Wheel.

Add these to old favorites like Trans-Siberian Orchestra, the Beach Boys Christmas album, and Manhattan Transfer's incredible Christmas album, and I've got one awesome playlist. It's almost time to fire them all up...but first, we've got Thanksgiving to celebrate.

No comments: