Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Grooming Lady Fuzz

Lady Fuzz, Duchess of Lincoln, has a lot of hair. As Mom says, she has ruffles and flourishes, and fuzzy buns. Duchess has so much hair, that when she finishes her daily bath, it's time to start over again.

Some girls just need a little extra help (another Momism).

When I brought the girls home with Millie and me, I brought their litter box, their cookies, and Duckie's brush. A few days ago, I figured it was time to give her some attention.

Duchess loves to be brushed, so it wasn't a hard job. She rolls and stretches and purrs, so it's pretty easy to get all the parts of her that need the most work--her back, her sides, her tummy--and around her neck on that little ruffled collar of fur that she has (half lion mane, half Elizabethan ruff).

Anyway, I spent a few minutes brushing her, and this is what came of it:

1. A gorgeous girl:



2. Enough fir to knit a sweater:



Anyone else think she ought to be in a Loreal commercial? "Because I'm worth it! Purrrrrrrr..."

No comments: