Friday, June 27, 2008

Up To My Eyeballs In Boxes

The Good News:

I pretty much have everything packed.

The Bad News

Now I've got to go through this place and eliminated all of the dust, cat hair and bug carcasses (including that obnoxiously large dead spider behind the bathroom door...eww!!).


In an effort to use up whatever I can, I had a dinner of throw-everything-in-'em meatballs and an appletini. I had some ground beef that needed to be used, so I threw it in a bowl with some dry onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and some boil-in-the-bag rice. They turned out pretty dang good for an experiment with what's left in the kitchen.

Also remaining is a very large bottle of vodka that I really don't want to haul to Mom and Dad's house, so I made a large (make that extra-large) appletini. Healthy dinner? Hardly, but I figure I'm burning the calories with all this lifting, packing and hard labor I'm doing. And packing is more fun when you're tipsy.

I've been putting off packing the computer. I'll do that sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening. I want it up and running as long as possible, so I can feed my email addiction and play iTunes (now that my DVDs are packed and the cable box is going away tomorrow).

Tomorrow I get to take said cable box to the nearest Comcast store, then I get to take a trunkload of junk to Goodwill, a few eBay items to the post office, and then I get to come home and take the nails out of the walls. Is my life exciting this weekend, or what?

No comments: