Monday, June 21, 2010

An Officer, a Gentleman, and a (Slightly) Famous Hotel

 This was originally posted to The Anxious Traveler on March 31, 2008.

I admit it: I love "An Officer and a Gentleman." This is a young, hot Richard Gere portraying a Navy boy. If you know me, you know that I love a nice Navy Boy...almost as much as I love a flyboy (once and Air Force Brat, always an Air Force Brat). But I digress.


Picture courtesy of Wikipedia.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I found I was living within 30 miles of where this delightful bit of 80s cinematic fluff was filmed upon moving to Washington in 2005. Driving into Port Townsend one day, I realized that the cute little hotel on the edge of town was, in fact, the hotel used in "An Officer and a Gentleman," right down to it's familiar, and kitzchy, sign:



Much of the movie was filmed at nearby Fort Worden State Park. If you're familiar with the movie, these pictures might be familiar.



No comments: