Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm Cold

I'm freezing my cookies off, here!!

Ootah is cold. Temps are in the 20s or so, and it's snowing tonight.

Grandma's funeral was lovely. My cousin Jeff said the prayer, and Aunt Carolyn said a few words. I read a poem Grandma had selected, and then led the grandchildren and great-grandchildren in the song "I Am a Child of God." Jeff, my brother Aaron, and some other family men were pallbearers.

We did most of the service inside, only going outside to bless the grave (Aaron did that). The funeral home was very nice letting us be inside, as it was cold, and the wind was bitter.

We fly home tomorrow, and I will be glad to get back to my own bed, and, of course, my Millie Joyful.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and prayers for me and my family. This was coming for a long time, and I wasn't very close to Grandma C., but it was still difficult in its way. I am glad I got to come here to say my goodbyes, and I am grateful for the unflinching support from everyone at my school...and yes, I do actually miss my darlings right now.

No comments: