Sunday, October 07, 2007

One-Woman Slumber Party

It started with sneezing.

Thursday night I was sneezing like crazy. Figured it was allergies. Friday morning I woke up with the worst stuffed head imaginable. Even after meds and a shower, I was not up to going to work. I threw on some jeans, my favorite London hoodie and a hat, ran my lesson plans to school, and then came home to crash on the sofa with a book. I had a two+ hour nap. You get the picture.

Yesterday I had to spend my day supervising a car wash...with no support from the parents, but that complaint is another story for another day. When I came home, I did a little bit of cleaning--okay, okay, I admit it. I swept and mopped the kitchen, laundry room and bathroom, cleaned all counters, and did some major organizing. It needed to be done!

I gave myself an 8:00 cut-off, at which time I was to shower and then sit down with my new Grey's Anatomy Season 3 DVD set. Only problem? I had washed the mattress pad from my bed, but not my sheets. Those were in a heap on the floor.

Then I had a bright idea: Sleep on my fold-out sofa! I dragged it out, piled on the pillows and my comforter, and settled in for four hours of Grey's. When I was finished, all I had to do was turn off the TV. Brilliant!



The fold-out is actually quite comfortable. I got a good eight hours of sleep. I still prefer my bed, but for a Saturday night Grey's-fest, this wasn't a bad idea.

And the good news is, I'm feeling better today. : )

No comments: