Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Feline Fine

I'm not quite sure exactly what it is about cats that makes me love them so. But I do love them, from their pointy ears and long whiskers to the tips of their tails. I love their dainty feet (even the polydactyls manage to appear dainty) and that ever-so-soft bit of fur at the base of their ears. Plush tummies, sandpaper tongues, the sound of contented purring...it all makes me happy.

Yes, I am a cat person. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that I regularly visit certain sites that celebrate cats in all their glory. I thought I'd share them.

First there is Stuff On My Cat. I visit several times a day, time permitting. This blog posts a picture every hour of a cat with something on it, or sometimes, a picture under the heading, "My Cat On Stuff." I've submitted several pictures of Millie, with no luck as yet. Don't worry, no kitties are harmed in the making of the pictures--the site is maintained by and contributed to by genuine cat lovers.

Every day at 3:07 pm, Greenwich Mean Time (that would be 7:07 in the morning for West Coasters, so just as I'm having breakfast and checking my email), the site master of The Daily Kitten posts, you guessed it, the daily kitten picture. Only one picture per day, and sometimes the picture contains more than one kitty. A lovely way to start the morning.

Linked to The Daily Kitten is a site called the Random Kitten Generator. It's a simple premise. You can "ooh" and "ahh" over the picture, then click on the button to get another one. As Heather said, "It's kitten crack!" So true, so true. I find it is the perfect balm for a bad day...and that it is extremely hard to stop clicking.

A few days ago, Dad emailed me the link to a hysterical YouTube video, Wake Up Cat. The cartoonist who created this obviously knows cats very well. The cat's voice cracks me up, as do his facial expressions.



After viewing this, I did some searching on YouTube and found Silly Kittens. Anyone who has ever had a kitty-vs.-toilet paper experience (as I have) can relate to this one.



These links and videos always make me laugh, but they are, of course, no substitute for the real thing. I have my very own Cutie Patootie to cuddle with. She is definitely very important to me.

And naturally, she has her very own web page. : )

No comments: