Sunday, August 26, 2007

Go, Go, Go, Joseph

And, at long last, we have a theme for this year's Show Choir:

Ladies and gentlemen, it is NOT "Rent" (too racy). It is NOT "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" (too childish). After chatting with a student whose opinion is valued (in other words, one of my nicer kids), I have settled on "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."

Which means that when the UPS delivery person swings by my apartment on Wednesday, I will be the proud owner of the DVD version of the musical starring the immortal Donny Osmond, thus completing my lesson planning for our first full Show Choir class meeting.

I can hardly wait.

The good news is that while it is exceptionally cheesy, it will be a fun show for the kids, and relatively easy to stage as far as costumes and props go. Plus there are some great opportunities for solos and some truly fun moments (like a Biblical king singing Elvis-style and a calypso tune).

Ahh, the possibilities.

No comments: