Friday, July 20, 2007

Thirteen Hours...

...'til the release (on the west coast, anyway) of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!

I am going to a Midnight Madness party tonight, but my own copy of the book will arrive via owl (well, UPS, actually) tomorrow sometime.

In the meantime, I am now starting a bit of a media ban for myself until I've had a chance to read the book from cover to cover. I will limit my exposure to the Internet (only reading email, so no spoilers, please!!) and TV. Fox News was talking about the leak this morning, and I actually stuck my fingers in my hears and sang to myself. My parents think I'm a little bit strange.

Will also be avoiding listening to DJs on the radio, which I do, normally, anyway. I am taking my iPod to the Midnight Madness party tonight, just in case, as I leave, there are nasty people yelling out plot spoilers. You never know!

Hopefully I will be able to avoid spoilers and enjoy the book in my own good time--which should, knowing myself, be under 24 hours.

Happy reading, everyone!

No comments: