Sunday, May 06, 2007

Forty-five Days...and That's a Good Thing.

Why am I heartily cheering for the judge who recently sentenced Paris the Heiress to 45 days in jail? Why does she annoy the snot out of me? Let me count the ways...

1. She screwed up, plain and simple. You do the crime, you do the time, right? Paris drove under the influence of alcohol, had her license suspended, and then violated her probation--not once, but twice.

She was sentenced to 36 months probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines.

Two other traffic stops and failure to enroll in a mandated alcohol education program landed her back in court.


Any ordinary schmuck who did this would have a penalty to serve. Being a silly little party girl with lots of money does not entitle a person to special treatment.

2. She sets the women's liberation movement back at least a decade. This is a 26-year-old woman who has been very active on the socialite and Hollywood party circuit since she was a teenager. She claims she was misinformed about what the legal mumbo-jumbo meant, and thought she was allowed to drive. Bull-kaka!! She may be The Steryotipical Blonde, but she's not that stupid.

Anyway, this is a woman who makes her living by making bad records and partying all over the world. Has she done one useful thing in her life? I doubt it. She's certainly not known for her charity work.

Oh, and her tag line is "That's so hot." Gah.

3. She's using celebrity as an excuse. She is reported to have tried using the excuse "I'm a busy person" when asked why she hadn't completed a court-ordered alcohol education program after her arrest for drunk driving.

Paris, hon, I'm a busy person. I plan lessons, work 8-10 hour days, plan concerts, deal with teenagers, keep my apartment clean, do the grocery shopping and the cooking. I keep track of my bills, pay my rent on time, and somehow, I even manage, without being a millionaire heiress to the Hilton hotel fortune, to find a freakin' designated driver if I'm going to be having more than one alcholic beverage!!

Kudos to the judge for not buying that lame excuse!!

4. The whole "I don't deserve this" and other whining. Okay, maybe it's just because she's reminding me of a high school student, but really, what does she deserve for driving under the influence and violating her parole? Seriously?!?

No comments: